Monday 12 July 2010

With Synod Over, Br. Stephen Asks "What Now for the Ordinariates?"

With Synod Over, Br. Stephen Asks "What Now for the Ordinariates?"

I don't know how many of you have been following the recent developments at the C of E's Synod here in York. I happen to have friends on both sides of the debate, and they shall remain friends, no matter what. It's not a personal issue for me, as I'm not an Anglican, but I can't help but take notice as it affects so many friends of mine. I've been attempting to follow some of the arguments, especially since Anglicanorum coetibus was issued last year, and have consequently been following one or two blogs as a result.

I'm highlighting this one because the very last sentence scored a bullseye personally, a direct hit, straight between the eyes, whatever! You see, I have my 'parish'. I know the place. I know the people. I even have a key for the church. How can I not pray for my friends in this situation? If any of you reading this, could do the same, regardless of your personal position, I'm sure your prayers will be gratefully received.

No comments: