Thursday 30 April 2009

Now. Where was I?....

Several things have happened in the month since I last managed to post anything here. Firstly, I was diagnosed with stress and am now on medication - hopefully not caused by too much preparations for the Conference at Ushaw! Holy Week and Easter has also come and gone. Two members of our intrepid Schola provided all the music for the Sacred Triduum in Leeds at Notre Dame Chapel. This all went wonderfully well, but was marred somewhat on Holy Saturday night by my car being written off in a Hit & Run Road Traffic Collision. Basically, I went through a green light - offending car went through red and then didn't stop. Fortunately the vehicle details were noted and passed on to the police and my insurers, so I may yet not have to claim on my own insurance.

And so to Ushaw. Having put in well over 60 hours work on the music and also recruiting another choir to sing the polyphony for the final High Mass, it was nice to be recognised during the formal dinner on the last night we were there. Apart from a blip during Solemn 1st Vespers of St George, the music went really well - I have the recordings to prove it! My sincere thanks to my fellow Chanters, Alan Henderson, Anthony Dickinson and Jeremy Boot, and also to Antiphon for the Byrd Mass and motets on St George's Day. The Conference has been blogged about several times already. The best accounts can be found on Fr Brown's Forest Murmers, and the Middlesbrough LMS Blog. Several photos were taken during the week, many of which can be seen here, here and here!

Having just recovered from one major event, we're now gearing up for rehearsals for our next two Services, both Sung masses in the Extraordinary Form in Halifax & North Ormesby respectively.

We also have a full programme of services for the rest of the year, up to our Annual Christmas Carol Service. More details will be announced later!

No comments: